Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ok, lets see now......

Ok where to start. I suppose I would be better off starting with an introduction.

My name is Cristi, I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, called Cunnamulla (some of you may have heard the song, some of you may have seen the movie, I pity the people that sat through that movie). I started uni in 2004 studying a BLM/BA. In 2006 I took some time not for two reasons, one to have a beautiful baby boy and secondly I wasn't sure I wanted to do teaching anymore.

Four months ago I began work as the new librarian for the Paroo Shire Council, a job that I absolutely love. After about a month of working I was asked by the CEO if I wanted to finish off my uni degree under the council. I thought about it for a week or so before I decided, well why not. I decided that I wanted to drop the BLM and focus instead on just the BA. This is my first term back and I have to say, I'm really excited.

So thats the intro out of the way, the next post should be something a little less long winded.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cristi,

    What a wonderful incentive to find motivation to complete your bachelors. I think it is incredible that you have such a motivated CEO. Way to go!!

    You'll do well!

    ReplyDelete